Discouraging Misuse by Ingestion of PURELL® Hand Sanitizer

Corporate Statement

Discouraging Misuse by Ingestion of PURELL® Hand Sanitizer

PURELL® Hand Sanitizer has been safely and effectively used by consumers and in schools, healthcare facilities, restaurants and other business environments for nearly three decades. Incidents of accidental or intentional ingestion are rare when compared to the thousands of uses each day that help to prevent the spread of germs.

To discourage misuse by ingestion, PURELL alcohol-based hand sanitizers contain unpleasant-tasting ingredients that make them undesirable to drink.

The benefits of alcohol-based hand sanitizers for safeguarding public health are well documented in many settings and are recommended by many leading health organizations including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization to fight the spread of germs that cause illness and infection.